I came across an interesting article the other day which you can read here - apparently different types of diets are better suited for different types of 'eating personalities' which are divided into three categories- feasters, cravers and emotional eaters. If you're anything like me, you're a craver and you know it, which is why when I decided to invest money into my weight loss I opted for something that would keep cravings for unhealthy food at bay. What I found was a meal replacement protein shake for women called MAXITONE SCULPTRESS.
It instantly sounded like something I wanted to try. Packed with 21 vitamins and minerals including green tea extract- an excellent weight loss aid- and coming in three yummy sounding flavours, this shake is designed to be drank once or twice a day in place of a meal- it's filling enough to stop you craving in between meals and the protein content means you can recover quicker from your workouts which you should do alongside dieting with this shake. I scoured the Internet for reviews before purchasing, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that a majority of them were excellent- women saying they had actually managed to lose lots of weight in a matter of weeks using the shake. I'd heard enough. I purchased the shake powder and I'm on my third day of my diet and I have to say the shake really does keep you feeling full between meals and stops cravings- I don't feel the need to snack at all! I'll keep you posted on my progress and will post some pics but so far so good! Not so bloated, much more energy while working out and feeling great! Here are some other things you should know if you're thinking of trying this out-
- The shake retails at £24.99 for 700g on the Maxitone website but you can get the same size tub for about £16.00 on Amazon or eBay. They also do a cute shaker bottle with a hot pink lid (I couldn't resist!) I got it for a fiver on eBay. A lot of the reviews said it leaks, but I've have no problems with it, just make sure you take extra effort to screw the lid on properly and test it before you take the bottle out with you!
- Going by the reviews, Strawberry Sundae is the best tasting flavour. Banana reviews were quite mixed, but I think I saw more negative than positive. The Chocolate Delight flavour got pretty good reviews, and this is the flavour that I opted for. I must say it's actually not bad at all. You mix it with water, but once it's shaken up it has quite a thick, milkshakey consistency. It's quite sweet, and it does taste like chocolate with just a slight powdery aftertaste. Definitely drinkable! A few reviews said that it tastes better if you make it and then leave it set in the fridge for a while. I tried that and personally think it tastes better and more milkshakey if you drink it straight away. Try both and see what you prefer.
- The tub says your shake should consist of 2 25g scoops of powder. The scoop they provide in the tub reads '55ml'. This totally baffled me as I didn't know how much powder the scoop held in grams and how many scoops I should use. So on one day, thinking that I've been using too much, I half filled the scoops and my shake was watery and a bit gross. I weighed a full scoop of powder on my scales and it turns out that this indeed is 25g. So two whole scoops of powder, and I mean powder filled right to the top of the scooper, is the amount you should be using.
J x

Thank you, I've been using these for a while but just noticed the 55ml writing on the scoop and got very confused! I'm glad I found your blog! Xx
ReplyDeleteIt is confusing isn't it! Glad I could help :) x
Delete