Sunday, 4 January 2015

My Diet Tips

Hey loves,
I'm planning on dropping a stone and toning up for Summer! If you want to do the same I hope these tips and tricks can motivate you. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

I'm using MAXITONE SCULPTRESS meal replacement diet shakes- I've blogged some info on where you can get it, what it tastes like, links to their website etc in this post so check it out if you want to know more! I'm using one of these to replace breakfast (as I never eat it anyway) and another to go with a small lunch, and then having healthy dinners! Thankfully salmon and chicken are two of my favourite foods, grill and eat with brown rice for a super healthy, filling and delicious dinner. Between shakes, fruits make a good snack. Drinking plenty of water is a must, so be prepared to start taking a lot more toilet breaks! But remember, it's good! You want to get rid of all the excess water so you wont feel bloated and you can actually see your flat tummy starting to form!
Another thing I invested in to help me with this diet is a herbal tea I found in Holland & Barrett - it's called Dr Stuart's Slim Plus tea. It's caffeine free and contains a combo of appetite suppressing herbs including fennel, and I must say so far I am finding it works! You just don't really feel hungry for a while after drinking this. Taste wise, it's OK- really not bad to be honest. It literally just tastes like hot water with herbs. Of course, you can't put sugar in it! So it's best to just enjoy the soothing warmth of it and think of the benefits of drinking it rather than the taste. One box has 15 tea bags, I got two to last me the month as they were on sale at £1.75. Normally they cost £2.19- not a bad price at all! I'm drinking one cup a day, normally in the evening around 7pm when I don't want to eat anything else for the night.

A great way to keep track of your progress is the My Fitness Pal app, listed as a calorie counter app but SO much more than that. It is an excellent way to keep track of not just how many calories you are eating, but how much protein, saturated fat, carbs etc you are consuming as well. It takes into account how much water you drink and how much exercise you do, and it can give you daily and weekly stats on the food you've eaten! During set up, you tell the app how much weight you want to lose and in what amount of time. At the end of every day that you complete your food diary, it tells you how close or far you are away from your target weight, so there's extra motivation as well! I love this app as it really does help me make healthier decisions- I can see the calorie content of a food and how it will affect my progress before I eat it.

 
Screenshots from the app, which has a massive database of food, brands and their calorie content

Hope this helps! I'll keep you posted! J x

No comments:

Post a Comment