I have been searching for a long lasting, non-drying and beautifully coloured lipstick I can wear everyday for a while now. I like to buy my everyday lipsticks on the high street as I go through them so quickly, so this mythical perfect lipstick has to be budget friendly as well. With no success as of yet, I have turned to Rimmel Colour Rush Balm- technically not classed as a lipstick but making me just as happy!
I was apprehensive at first because I normally go for matte lipsticks- I am not a fan of lip glosses or anything too shiny on the lips. I'll be honest with you, the big kid in me saw a massive, brightly coloured crayon and couldn't resist. I purchased not one, but three different shades to try out (I'm an impulsive, all or nothing kind of make-up buyer) and luckily, I have not looked back...or touched another lip product in my make-up bag since.
My weakness is a dramatic, show-stopping shade of red- think MAC Ruby Woo- so naturally my first choice of shade in the colour balm range was The Redder The Better. The next shade I went for was Boom Chic A Boom, a vibrant pink with a slight purple tint, and finally I picked the last essential- you know, for those days when you just can't decide between pink and red. The somewhere in the middle All You Need Is Pink. (Honestly speaking now, I bought this shade by accident, mistaking it for a red- rookie mistake!)
So, here is why these are the new favorite things in my make-up bag.
As I applied this balm for the first time I noticed that it looks shiny at first but it does not have that sticky lip gloss texture- it is SO smooth and glides across your lips leaving an even coat of rich color. The first coat is pretty bright- though for a really eye-catching look the packaging recommends two coats as the more you apply, the more the colour builds up.
Personally, I apply three to four coats with the pinks as I find the colour is less intense than the red shade in which I only need two coats. No matter how many coats you choose to apply, this balm is light, so light you could easily forget you are wearing it. And once it dries it does not budge for hours- the best thing about it!
![]() |
| Boom Chic A Boom! |
After a few hours the balm does lose its luster- but as the colour stains your lips it looks like a matte lipstick. After about four or five hours I find that it may need a slight top up and one quick sweep of this over your the top and it literally looks as good as new. There is no build up of gooey residue, and once it dries fully there is no smudging, no coming off on glasses or people's cheeks and all the other annoying things us lipstick addicts suffer. It really is moisturising- it's not in the Vaseline or Chapstick league but at the end of a long day your lips will still feel smooth and soft. The balm also has a beautiful scent, like a sweet, soft vanilla type smell (but tastes of nothing so don't even bother LOL). In future reviews you can expect to see negative as well as positive points...but I really don't have a bad word to say about this product. It does exactly what it says on the tin.
http://uk.rimmellondon.com/products/lips/lasting-finish-colour-rush-balm
![]() |
| Wearing Boom Chic A Boom |
JJ xxx





No comments:
Post a Comment